Black to Basics Beauty
The list of beauty products that you need seems endless, with new ”necessities getting added every few months, that’s why we at Beverly Hills decided to help you out with our secret natural beauty tips. We did this because we don’t believe your beauty regime should suffer just because you had a fun Christmas
Without realising it, your fridge and kitchen cupboards could be a source of a whole host of ingredients which can help to banish dry, rough hands, condition hair and even help improve the look of cellulite.
Tooth whitening experts at Beverly Hills Formula have already produced their revolutionary Perfect White Black toothpaste to help whiten teeth by using charcoal. Charcoal was used centuries ago by Native Americans who actually cleaned their teeth by rubbing them with ash residue from their campfires.
Beverly Hills Formula has created a list of natural beauty tips to tie-in with their latest Perfect White Black whitening toothpaste, which is available to buy in Superdrug stores. click here for more information
Here are Beverly Hills Formula’s top 15 natural beauty tips;
- Use beer as a hair volumiser – put beer into a bottle with a spritz nozzle and spray onto your hair when you need a boost as the yeast in the beer is known to thicken hair.
- Use baby powder as a dry shampoo – massage baby powder into the roots of your hair and then brush it out. This will remove excess moisture and work like a dry shampoo.
- Use sugar as a hand exfoliator – if you suffer from dry skin on your hands, take a small pile of sugar in your palm and add a bit of water, rub your hands together and scrub the sugar all over the front and back and between your fingers. Rinse off and apply hand cream.
- Use hair conditioner for shaving – buy a cheap bottle of hair conditioner and rub over legs before shaving which will help soften the hairs and give you a much closer shave.
- To make an effective body scrub you can mash up avocado, or mix some sugar granules and baby oil and use in the shower as an all over body scrub and moisturiser
- Use whitening toothpaste to get rid of fake tan on palms – just rub a small amount of whitening toothpaste on to palms of your hands and then rinse off with water to get rid of fake tan stains.
- Coffee – caffeine is often found in cellulite products and can be used to help banish the orange-peel effect, simply rub coffee granules over lumpy areas for at least ten minutes and then rinse off. It is advisable to do this is the shower as it can be quite messy!
- Cranberry juice is known to help boost hair shine and enhance colour. Wash out after applying.
- By adding peppermint oil to lip gloss it can have a stimulating effect and may even help to enhance your pout.
- If you’re looking for an alternative to chemical facial hair products try mixing brewer’s yeast with water to bleach facial hair.
- During the winter months hair can get very dry due to central heating, so try smoothing pumpkin and coconut oil on your hair to give it a moisture boost. It can be left on as a treatment and then washed off as normal.
- It has been reported that massaging an ice-cube over your face can help reduce wrinkles and acne. Or for a temporary toning effect, fill the sink with cold water and ice and dunk your face in, which will also wake you up pretty quickly! (It was reported that Kate Moss uses this trick).
- The best of the old-fashioned natural beauty tips to help eliminate spots is to rub a small amount of toothpaste onto spots to help dry them out.
- If your eyes are tired or irritated you can place a slice of cucumber on them to help freshen them up.
- A simple way to curl lashes is to heat up eyelash curlers before using them.