Go to Top
  • No products in the cart.

Beverly Hills Formula celebrate Valentines with a look into the History of Kissing!

To celebrate Valentine’s Day, Beverly Hills Formula, the tooth whitening toothpaste experts, has looked into the history of kissing and how it all started.

While the exact origins of smooching remain a mystery, historians believe it was the ancient Indians that were the first to introduce kissing into their culture, where a text dating back to the 2nd century devotes an entire chapter to kissing techniques.

It is commonly thought that kissing hit our shores with the conquering armies of Alexander the Great, for which we are eternally thankful.

It was under the Romans rein that kissing became more widespread, but not as we know it today. The practice was governed by one’s social standing. Two people of equal rank would kiss on the lips. Those of lesser rank would kiss the cheek, hand, foot or ground in front of a person, depending on the difference in rank. It was such a big part of the culture in ancient Rome that new laws were introduced; one of which stated that if a virgin girl was kissed on the lips with passion in public, she could demand to be awarded full marriage rights. How times have changed.

Then came a dramatic change when kissing for romantic purposes disappeared completely in most cultures, or at least publically, for over 1,000 years. This happened with the decline of Rome and the rise of Christianity where the churches expressed their concern on the practice.

unnamed

The romantic kiss reappeared again at the end of the 11th century, and is still going strong today. Believe it or not though, not all cultures today kiss. While 90 per cent of us enjoy the pastime, the other 10 per cent have no idea what they’re missing out on.

A vital factor to the perfect kiss is, of course, fresh breath, which can be achieved with Beverly Hills Perfect White tooth whitening range. The range features Perfect White Black, Perfect White Sensitive and Perfect White.

Long before toothpaste was keeping breath minty fresh, our ancestors had to get creative using shells, bark, herbs and various other ingredients, created into pastes, before puckering up. Some of these ancient recipes for fresh breath included ingredients that no modern person would ever put in their mouth, but ancient man knew what they were doing when they included charcoal in their concoctions. Activated charcoal is proven to be one of the most effective and safest teeth whitener ingredients that not only helps whiten teeth, but also helps combat plaque, gum disease and bad breath.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

javascript:(void);