TOP TEETH TIPS
This is a collection of 14 practical easy to follow teeth tips to keep your teeth looking and feeling brighter all day without you spending a penny!
- Stop stains and tartar build up by using some Beverly Hills Formula tooth whitening paste on your teeth in the shower and then brushing when you’ve come out to allow the toothpaste to get to work on tough stains.
- Snack on apples, pears, strawberries, celery, carrots, and any raw vegetables which produce saliva that will help remove bacteria and whiten your teeth.
- Another top teeth tip which you mightn’t realise is the importance of chewing sugar-free whitening gum that contains calprox, which will remove stains but even any gum will work. Gum stimulates saliva flow and acts as a natural detergent, thus helping to remove some of the stains. Rinse with water if nothing else is available, which will remove some of the stains.
- When choosing a lipstick choose one with blue undertones, which will make teeth appear whiter. Rose, reds, burgundy, and plum shades work well. Be careful when choosing a shade because a colour with an orange undertone can make your teeth appear dull and yellow.
- Toothbrush bristles fray, flatten and wear over time.Throw out your toothbrush or change the head of your electric toothbrush at least every two to three months to avoid transferring bacteria to your mouth.
- The best times of the day to brush your teeth are first thing in the morning and last thing at night before you go to bed. Saliva dries up at night so it’s best to have all plaque cleaned off the teeth before sleep and first thing in the morning to clean any plaque and bacteria that may have built up as you slept.
- Us women rarely need an excuse to add some sparkle to our outfit but here is a good one for you! Wearing accessories made of silver, white gold and diamonds (or even fake diamonds!) highlights the white accents in your teeth. Sounds like a perfectly good excuse to us!
- Are you a lover of wine with your meals? Rinse your mouth with water after every meal or glass of wine to help minimize residue, staining, and tooth decay.
- Flossing first helps make brushing your teeth more effective by removing food that gets trapped between teeth.
- The casein and whey protein in cheese can help keep your tooth enamel in top form by reducing demineralization. Cheese also has vital, tooth-building calcium. Try to include vitamin D in your diet, which helps your body absorb calcium. A few vitamin D-rich foods include milk, egg yolks, and fish.
- Chocolate protects against decay. So a little of what you fancy really does do you good! Researchers found that cocoa beans have an antibacterial content that could help protect against tooth decay.
- Enamel is the toughest surface in the body.
- Teeth start forming even before we are born
- Our last top teeth tips is a great justification for easting cheese. Remember that even fresh fruit juice and fruit contain their own natural sugars and acid, eating cheese after these foods will neutralise the acid environment in the mouth!!!